Index of the content
- 1 1) What do you understand by kibana?
- 2 2) How is kibana used?
- 3 3) What is Kibana dashboard?
- 4 4) Can you define Kibana docker image?
- 5 5) How to create Kibana dashboard?
- 6 6) What is Kibana port & kibana.yml file?
- 7 7) What is X-pack & a replica in Kibana?
- 8 8) What is elastic stack and ELK stack?
- 9 9) Define Elasticsearch?
- 10 10) What do you understand by analyzer in Elasticsearch?
- 11 11) Which are the operations can be performed on a document using Elasticsearch?
- 12 12) What do you understand by clustering?
- 13 13) How would you explain Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana?
- 14 14) What is Filebeat and mention the segments it monitors?
- 15 15) Name the major components of kibana?
- 16 16) Mention different type of queries which are supported by Elasticsearch?
- 17 17) What do you understand by kibana settings?
- 18 18) What is Kibana visualize interface according to you?
- 19 19) Can you define node?
- 20 20) What do you understand by a document in elasticsearch?
Kibana is open source visualization for data plug-in in Elasticsearch. Through it, the visual capabilities of the data get enhanced in the context of indexing. Elasticsearch is totally an open source search engine working over HTTP interface and JSON documents with full texts. The components of it provide very specified and integrated solutions to most of the queries. There are many opportunities in Elasticsearch engineering for potential seekers. With the optimal approach and subjective knowledge over the concepts, you can get a distant platform to showcase your talent. In due context, few of the most important and frequently asked Kibana interview questions will help you a lot.
All of the features associated with Kibana totally leverage the capabilities of Elasticsearch and ELK. If you are fond of working over elastic search engine and even looking for the jobs related to it, then maybe you have chosen the right platform. There are multiple job opportunities for fresher as well as experienced candidates. Here is a perfect setting for the most frequent Kibana interview questions asked.
1) What do you understand by kibana?
Kibana is basically an open source data visualization which is done in order to get the Elasticsearch. In a general Elasticsearch cluster, Kibana provides visual capacities on the higher context. With the first connection with Kibana, you will get the discover page. By default, all of the ELK steps would be displayed on this and this is the interface.
2) How is kibana used?
3) What is Kibana dashboard?
It is a page which is open to create, modify and view custom dashboards. A user gets to compile multiple visuals into a single page and can sort or filter them by applying any search with the elements included in visualization.
4) Can you define Kibana docker image?
The images are available in two different flavours that are X- pack flavour and Oss flavour. X-pack is the default one which is pre-installed. On the other hand, Oss flavour has no interference with X-pack and host but only open source Kibana.
5) How to create Kibana dashboard?
In order to create a Kibana dashboard, first of all, click over the menu item of the dashboard. Then click add visualization icon and follow the process-
- Select ‘log count’ pie chart & ‘Nginx’ histogram.
- Collapse Add Visualization menu.
- You can rearrange the visuals over dashboard.
- Click on save dashboard icon
6) What is Kibana port & kibana.yml file?
On the local host 5601 all of the default settings are configured to run Kibana. In order to change the port number or making a connection to Elasticsearch installed on another machine, you have to update the kibana.yml file. With the startup, Kibana server starts reading the properties of the kibana.yml file.
7) What is X-pack & a replica in Kibana?
The elastic stack extension is followed by a bundle of security and monitoring components all into an easily installed package. It also monitors, alerts and reports the segments. When the index is broken into shard and then get sequentially divided forming replicas. Replicas are basically the copies of shards. They are scaled by index.
8) What is elastic stack and ELK stack?
An entire collection of open source products is known as an electric stack. They are derived from elastic design which basically helps to take data from any source following by any format. This also includes the search, analysis, and visualization of data. ELK stack is a terminology which is given when Electric search, Logstash, and Kibana are used all together.
9) Define Elasticsearch?
It is a search engine which provides distributed and multi-tenant search engine with HTTP web interface. Elasticsearch is based on Lucene and schema-free JSON documents. It is developed in Java.
10) What do you understand by analyzer in Elasticsearch?
Analyzer entirely transforms the data when it is indexing, internally. Analyzers are composed of multiple tokenizer and token filters. All of them are assembled to get the accurate reference and mapping directions for the data.
11) Which are the operations can be performed on a document using Elasticsearch?
Following are the operations which could be performed over documents using Elasticsearch-
12) What do you understand by clustering?
It is basically an entire collection of multiple servers altogether which beholds the data. It also provides indexing and search liabilities through the service and this cluster is identified by the name ‘Elasticsearch’.
13) How would you explain Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana?
All of the components of ELK stack perform their functioning at their core level. They are empowered by the open source elastic which itself performs as a search platform vendor. The very basic functions include modifications of histograms, lines, Pie Charts, graphs and many more.
14) What is Filebeat and mention the segments it monitors?
For most of the files when log data is shipping then it is done through Filebeat. The segment Filebeat monitors are log directories, log files and many more. File beat executes or forwards them to Elasticsearch or Logstash. File beat is installed on your service as an agent and it is generally all log data shipper for files available.
15) Name the major components of kibana?
Kibana hosts the perpetual Elasticsearch data and even navigate through it so that you can efficiently do your searching and modifications with the database. The most prominent interfaces of Kibana are basically divided into the major sections as-
16) Mention different type of queries which are supported by Elasticsearch?
Majority of the queries are divided into two types categorizing various segments into it.
- FULL-TEXT QUERIES – It includes match query, range query, prefix query, common term query and so on.
- TERM LEVEL QUERIES- It includes term set query, wildcard query, fuzzy query, IDs query and so on.
17) What do you understand by kibana settings?
It is a page which allows a user to change multiple things like index patterns and values. It also includes indices an object selection changes.
18) What is Kibana visualize interface according to you?
A complete platform to modify the customs and change them according to the desires is provided by Kibana visualize interface. This includes from bars to Pie Charts and data tables.
19) Can you define node?
In terms of technical language node is always referred to as a single server or system which is a part of a cluster. It also stores data and anticipates the search capabilities of Server.
20) What do you understand by a document in elasticsearch?
In the databases, a document is basically correlated with having the same structural data for common segments. Each of the fields can represent themselves multiple times in a document with the different data types.