Retail interview questions
Interview questions below can be used for retail manager, retail assistant, retail supervisor etc.
Tips to create retail interview questions by yourself: Identify retail functions, then create tasks for each functions then you can create questions by structure:
1. What are functions of retail? What are tasks that to implement each function?
2. How to do each retail task/function?
3. What are output of each retail task/function?
4. How to measure each task/function?
5. How to control each task/function? etc
Common interview questions for retail position
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What do you like about your present job for retail field?
3. What do you dislike about your present job for retail field?
4. What are your strengths?
5. What is your greatest weakness?
6. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
7. Why have you applied for this particular job for retail field?
Specialized retail interview questions
1. What is good customer service?
2. Why do customers shop at this store?
3. How would you ensure that all the goods and services are being transported properly from wholesale market to retail market?
4. What are you ideas on handling store management?
5. As a Supervisor, how would you plan your financials for your budget?
6. As a supervisor or an employee in wholesale market, what would you do to improve your services for your customers?
7. What previous experience do you have in retail?
8. A customer complains that the coffee tastes terrible, what would you do?
9. A customer leaves without paying for gas, what would you do?
10. A co-worker is rude to customers, what would you do?
11. The credit card machine is broken. What do you say to the customers?
12. As a wholesaler what are the problems you would face in ensuring the commitment to your retail suppliers?
13. Have you had experience of locking up a shop and dealing with stock ordering?
14. Can you tell of a time when you were faced with an angry customer and how you dealt with it?
15. How will you make customers feel welcome in our store?
16. A customer wants to pay for $15 worth of merchandise in quarters, do you accept it?
17. A customer wants to return a package of food that is open and half gone. What will you do?
18. What is most important – a good product or friendly, fast service?
19. You are scheduled to leave at 6 pm. Your replacement worker doesn’t show up. What would you do?
20. If you were a wholesaler, how would you choose a retailer to distribute your goods and services?
21. As a supervisor for a wholesale market, what actions would you take to increase the profit?
Related docs to retail interview
• Homepage: job interview questions.