Purchasing interview questions
Key functions of purchasing field include: purchasing standard, purchasing process, purchasing warehouse, purchasing control etc.
Interview questions below can be used for purchasing director, purchasing manager, purchasing assistant, purchasing supervisor, purchasing engineer…
Tips to create purchasing interview questions by yourself: Identify purchasing functions, then create tasks for each functions then you can create questions by structure:
1. What are functions of purchasing? What are tasks that to implement each function?
2. How to do each purchasing task/function?
3. What are output of each purchasing task/function?
4. How to measure each task/function?
5. How to control each task/function? etc
Common interview questions for purchasing position
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What do you like about your present job for purchasing field?
3. What do you dislike about your present job for purchasing field?
4. What are your strengths?
5. What is your greatest weakness?
6. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
7. Why have you applied for this particular job for purchasing field?
Specialized purchasing interview questions
1. What are ways that materials may be purchased?
2. What items of information are required in order to process a purchase requisition?
3. What are the pros and cons of a centralized purchasing function?
4. What are the benefits of using credit cards for small purchases?
5. Tell us about your experience in managing the supply chain?
6. How will you go about determining this company’s purchasing patterns?
7. If we buy a customized product from a single source, how will you know if the price is fair?
8. All we have is raw purchasing transaction information. What can you do to make sense of it?
9. What factors would you consider if you had to produce cost savings in a short time frame?
10. What process do you go through when conducting a sourcing initiative?
11. How do you decide if you need a contract for a purchase or not?
12. What are some appropriate remedies for a supplier’s failure to perform?
13. How can we reduce our risk through better contract language?
14. What tools do you use to keep track of progress on your projects?
15. What techniques do you use to accelerate progress on your projects?
16. How to control purchasing price?
17. Tel me what are steps of purchasing process?
18. What impact might electronic commerce have on the purchasing process?
19. How would you integrate electronic commerce with our supply chain management?
20. Tell us about the tools that can be used to increase minority and women-owned business participation in our company’s purchasing activities?
21. Under what criteria is a formal bid required?
22. Have you worked with developing bid specifications?
Related docs to purchasing interview
1. Purchasing director interview questions
2. Purchasing manager interview questions
3. Purchasing assistant interview questions
4. Purchasing supervisor interview questions
5. Purchasing engineer interview questions
6. Homepage: job interview questions.