Financial interview questions
Key functions of financial field include: costing management, financial controller, financial audit, income management, asset management etc.
Interview questions below can be used for financial director, financial manager, financial assistant, financial supervisor, financial engineer…
Tips to create financial interview questions by yourself: Identify financial functions, then create tasks for each functions then you can create questions by structure:
1. What are functions of financial? What are tasks that to implement each function?
2. How to do each financial task/function?
3. What are output of each financial task/function?
4. How to measure each task/function?
5. How to control each task/function? etc
Common interview questions for financial position
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What do you like about your present job for financial field?
3. What do you dislike about your present job for financial field?
4. What are your strengths?
5. What is your greatest weakness?
6. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
7. Why have you applied for this particular job for financial field?
Specialized financial interview questions
Currency – Foreign Exchange
1. Would a price of a call option go up or down when the maturity of the option is longer?
2. What is econometrics? Could you go through the calculation to do regression analysis?
3. One plus one half plus one fourth plus one eighth . . . gets closer to a certain number. What is the number and why?
4. What is the yen/dollar exchange rate today? Where do you think it will be in one year and why?
1. How would you explain net present value to non-finance major?
2. What is our company’s stock price? How would you forecast the future stock price for next year?
3. How would you choose to buy a particular stock?
4. Why might a company choose debt over equity financing?
5. Describe the finance functions within a company and where you see yourself fitting.
6. What’s a Price/Earning (P/E) ratio and how do you use it?
7. What if 2 companies have the same value of P/E ratios, which company does you think is better?
1. What is duration/Macaulry duration/Modified duration? Show me.
2. What is convexity?
3. How would you explain credit spread?
4. Graph the price yield relationship of bonds.
1. What type of financial expertise have you provided to the Project Manager in support of expansion programs? What was the size and budget of the project?
2. What is your experience creating daily sales reports for a specific company? How did you go about creating the sales report?
3. Tell us about your experience with analysis of financial & management reporting actual and plan revenues, expenses, and balance sheet items during the month-end close period?
4. Have you assisted with the quarterly forecasting and annual planning processes for a specific allocated project?
5. Tell us about specific profitability models used for forecasting, business casing and ad hoc analyses you have developed and maintained for a specific project?
1. As our Financial Controller you will be leading a team of direct reports and other financial professionals?
2. Tell us a time when you worked well with external auditors, audit committee and Board of Directors.
3. What is your experience is preparing and presenting financial information for quarterly and annual reports?
4. Describe your day to day activities as a Corporate Controller?
5. How you manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting?
6. What process do you use to ensure accuracy?
7. What tools and processes do you take to prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department? How is your data collected.
1. What is meant by Single Audit process?
2. Where is Audit Data Stored?
3. What is meant by computer auditing?
4. What are the reasons for getting audited?
5. What the procedures or process involved in the preparation for the audit?
6. What are the different types of internal audit?
7. What is the difference between an internal audit and the annual external audit?
Related docs to financial interview
1. Financial director interview questions
2. Financial manager interview questions
3. Financial assistant interview questions
4. Financial supervisor interview questions
5. Financial engineer interview questions
6. Homepage: job interview questions.