Building interview questions
Key functions of Building field include: reception management, security management, customer management, building technical management, prevention and anti-fire etc.
Interview questions below can be used for Building director, Building manager, Building assistant, Building supervisor, Building engineer…
Tips to create Building interview questions by yourself: Identify Building functions, then create tasks for each functions then you can create questions by structure:
1. What are functions of Building? What are tasks that to implement each function?
2. How to do each Building task/function?
3. What are output of each Building task/function?
4. How to measure each task/function?
5. How to control each task/function? etc
Common interview questions for Building position
1. Tell me about your self?
2. What do you like about your present job for Building field?
3. What do you dislike about your present job for Building field?
4. What are your strengths?
5. What is your greatest weakness?
6. Why do you want to leave your current employer?
7. Why have you applied for this particular job for Building field?
Specialized Building interview questions
1. How many buildings of the type and size of my property do you currently manage?
2. How many total units do you presently manage?
3. Do you manage any units near my property? If so, exactly where are they so I can drive by?
4. Have you or your staff been accredited or certified by the Institute of Real Estate Management or the National Association of Residential Property Managers?
5. How many rental properties do you currently manage?
6. What is the price range of rental rates that you manage?
7. Do you charge a leasing fee separate from your monthly management fee?
8. What type(s) of background checks can you run on prospective tenants?
9. How do you handle evictions of tenants for non-payment of rent?
10. Does your management contract contain a termination clause for dissatisfaction of services?
11. How often will I receive rental income — is there a certain date each month that you disburse income checks?
12. Can you provide me with a list of your maintenance and repair people for review and, are the repair people you use licensed and do they have workers’ compensation insurance?
13. Do your repair people charge by the job or by the hour and, will I receive written estimates for my approval before any repair work is made over a certain dollar amount that I predetermine?
14. Can you provide me with a list of at least five references of satisfied clients for which you have managed property for at least the last 12 months?
15. What local or regional property management related organizations do you belong to?
16. What percentage of gross income do you charge for monthly management?
17. On what schedule will you or your off-site staff visit and inspect the property?
18. Would you use an on-site manager for this property? If so, will you pay their salary, taxes, and insurance, or will I? How much?
19. What will be the on-site manager’s (if any) duties? Will he or she do turnover cleaning and repair?
20. Which property management software do you use?
21. How much time do you take to prepare a unit for re-rent? Would you commit to that in writing?
22. If you use outside contractors for maintenance and repair, which ones?
23. When outside maintenance and cleaning contractors are used, will you charge us an “override” on their bills? If so, how much will this be?
24. Who will handle the landscaping and lawn maintenance for this property?
25. What security deposit do you propose charging? Will this be collected all up-front, or will you allow the tenants to pay it over time?
Related docs to Building interview
1. Building director interview questions
2. Building manager interview questions
3. Building assistant interview questions
4. Building supervisor interview questions
5. Building engineer interview questions
6. Homepage: job interview questions.